Thursday, May 9, 2013

My Relationship with Books -THE LIST-


 I have figured out what I want to do with this blog!

I woke up today with a book on my mind (I can't tell you which one, spoilers!) and it got me thinking about how I wanted to blog about it. And from there, I wondered if there was such a thing as a "book challenge," where you have to post about a book a day for x number of days. Turns out, there are a lot of them, and while I did read through them and a lot of them look great, none of them really fit the mood I was going for. I don't just want to tell you "a book I hated"; I want to tell you about THE Book that was the Bane of My Existence.

Do you see the difference?

So I decided to write my own. I drew a lot of inspiration from the other lists out there, but this isn't a book challenge. This is a public declaration of an ongoing relationship between myself and my books.



Here's the list:

1. The Book that Stole My Heart
2. The Book that's Been on My Mind All Day
3. The Book that Broke My Heart (and Put it Back Together Again)   
4. The Book that Broke My Heart (and Left it that Way)
5. The Book I will Never Forget
6. The Book I've Already Forgotten
7. The Book I'm Obsessed With
8. The Book that was the Bane of My Existence
9. The Book that Changed My World
10. The Book I Never Wanted to End
11. The Book that Couldn't End Fast Enough
12. The Book I Haven't Met Yet, but Always Wanted To
13. The Book I Wish I had Written
14. The Book that Put Me to Sleep
15. The Book that I Still Think About
16. The Book I Carried with Me Everywhere
17. The Book that Stayed at Home
18. The Book that I Read when I Feel Lonely
19. The Book that Took the Longest to Get Over
20. The Book I have a Crush On
21. The Book that Became My Best Friend
22. The Book I Miss the Most
23. The Book I Want to Give a Second Chance
24. The Book I Judged (Correctly) by its Cover
25. The Book I Judged (Incorrectly) by its Cover
26. The Book I Knew for Just One Day
27. The Book that Saved My Life
28. The Book that's Been Waiting
29. The Book that was My First Love
30. The Book that Made Me Cry the Hardest
31. The Book that Made Me Laugh Out Loud
32. The Book I Ran From
33. The Book I Loved Once, But it Didn't Work Out
34. The Book I Admire from a Distance
35. The Book I Keep Coming Back To (and Always Will)

And just because I wrote this list doesn't mean I know which one is for which yet. I will have to figure it out as I go along : one book, every day, and so on to the end. I'll try my hardest not to repeat! (Russian Nesting Dolls, you will have to wait.)

We start tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. The Answer to all of the above is Harry Potter. The End.

    ReplyDelete