Saturday, May 11, 2013

2: The Book that's Been on My Mind All Day

No hesitation on which book to choose for this one. This book is the reason I had an idea to start this blog. Because I've written a couple of stories similar to this, the book was recommended to me as one I should definitely check out. I had forgotten about it, until much later when I was at a secondhand book shop and saw it lying there, just by chance, and that was that. I'm so glad it found me. It was like a blind date gone wonderfully, wonderfully right.

http://podcasts.shelbyed.k12.al.us/hkirk/files/2012/02/room_cover1.jpg
Room, Emma Donoghue

Only yesterday I finished it, in two days/three sittings. The only reason I didn't finish it two sittings or even one, is because I wanted to make it last longer, so I could think about it more. Every time I put it down, I walked through my house like a zombie, not really there, still inside my head with the narrator, Jack. His voice had me so thoroughly captivated that for a good half hour after I finished reading, the thoughts in my head sounded like the way he speaks. Even with a full twenty four hours between that last page and now, I still cannot get it out of my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment