Monday, June 17, 2013

34: The Book I Admire from a Distance

...and then suddenly I blinked, and the weekend was over.

We were supposed to be done by now, folks, and I'm sorry to drag it out! Haha. But I hope you guys had a lovely weekend spent off-line, and a great father's day, to boot!

All right, the second to last post about my relationship with books: it's that one I keep gazing at longingly, the one I sometimes hold in a bookstore, but put it down and run off without every time. The book I spy on sometimes, like you would your crush in the hall, watching and admiring but never actually approaching; it's  the book I sometimes flip through but will never, ever read.

 
Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo 
UNABRIDGED

This thing is massive! I tell you, I have Bibles at home smaller than this. So next time you're in a bookstore, find this book. Make sure the copy you're holding isn't the abridged version (it totally doesn't count), take a long look at it, and then decide to read--and finish--it all. Go on, I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment