Tuesday, June 18, 2013

35: The Book I Keep Coming Back To (And Always Will)

So, here we are, at last.

This is the post I was most excited for, because this is the book I am most excited about. I have probably read this book at least ten times--my paperback copy is in tatters and I can quote certain pages line for line--nearly every year since eighth grade, each September, when the new release in the series comes out. Sometimes, when I'm feeling adventurous (or if I'm scared on an adventure), I pretend to be Jacky Faber (when I'm not pretending I'm Indiana Jones, that is). If I could be anyone in literature, I would pick her. No hesitation.

 
Bloody Jack, by LA Meyer

These are my favorite books in the whole world, and like I've said, I've been reading them for almost ten years...they aren't as well known as they should be, and it's a darn shame. The main character is witty and daring and charming, the plot compelling--and don't think I'm missing those little literary nuggets you're throwing in there, Mr. Meyer! (In this novel she has a run in with the street gang from Oliver Twist and later in the series she meets Ishmael aboard the Pequod very briefly). It's historical, it's educational, it's entertaining, it's literary. It's beautiful.



And with that, this list ends. It's been a heck of a time, folks, and I'll always be on the lookout for more books to post about. In the meantime, keep your eyes peeled for other exciting creative endeavors and blog posts! Just not, you know, every day...but if you've been following this, don't stop! I'd check back at least once a week if I were y'all! 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment